Like all small companies, Obvious is attempting to minimise expenses as much as possible in order to extend our financial "runway" for as long as possible. Most of our expenses—over 65% typically—are people-related: salaries, contractor expenses and benefits.
All team leads have business credit cards; if you need to purchase something, just ask one of them.
- Online services that save us time and effort are totally worth the money. We subscribe to a bunch of them: GitHub, Slack, Figma, G Suite, and Digital Ocean to name a few.
- When travel is possible, please use Cleartrip, Makemytrip, or a similar service for good fares. If you have a long flight, it's OK to book an "extra room" seat in coach so that you can get work done. We'd advise being reasonable — no business or first class, super fancy restaurants and cars.
- When travelling on work to other cities (If you are Bangalore-based) or travelling to Bangalore (If you are remotely located and are required to work out of the studio for a period of time),
- Your travel and stay will be booked by the office, unless specifically requested by you, in which case, you can get the expenses reimbursed.
- There is a daily allowance on food & cab expenses (to the studio from your hotel & back, if relevant). This is Rs. 1,000 per day. Unless otherwise specified & signed off by your function head, that is the upper limit on reimbursable expenses. To claim reimbursement, you can apply via Razorpay by EOD Wednesday on any week and the reimbursement will reach them by Friday of that week.